Conner Smith will not face charges following a fatal crash that killed a 77-year-old woman.
A woman called Dorothy Dobbins was struck by Smith’s Chevrolet Silverado pickup truck on June 8 last year as she walked across a crosswalk in Nashville. She was taken to the Vanderbilt University Medical Center, and later died of her injuries.
A press statement from the Metropolitan Nashville Police Department at the time said that the accident seemed to be caused by “Smith failing to yield the right of way to the pedestrian”.
The police also said that the singer “showed no signs of impairment”, and Smith’s attorney later shared a statement saying that “his heart goes out to Ms. Dobbins’ family during this incredibly difficult time” and that he will “cooperate fully with the ongoing investigation”.
Now, it has been revealed that the 25-year-old singer will not be facing charges.
In a statement shared with People, his attorney, Worrick G Robinson IV, said: “This devastating accident was a profound tragedy for the family of Dot Dobbins and the larger Germantown community. Over the past several months, Conner has been grateful for the opportunity to get to know Dot’s family personally and be able to voice his deep and sincere grief.”
Robinson continued, saying: “While he is grateful that this legal chapter has concluded, he will continue to steadfastly lift her family up in prayer.”
#BREAKING Charges dropped against country music singer Conner Smith in deadly pedestrian crash of 77-year-old Dorothy "Dot" Dobbins. https://t.co/Me8NLYBusp
(Photo: John McLemore / Nashville Bar Association) pic.twitter.com/cFkeIUiYe7
— FoxNashville (@FOXNashville) February 19, 2026
According to TMZ, the Davidson County District Attorney’s Office shared that the misdemeanour citation raised against Smith was withdrawn at the request of the victim’s family.
Smith was issued the misdemeanour citation for the collision on July 10 and charged with the traffic offence of failing to yield, resulting in a fatality.
He spoke out for the first time about the tragedy later that month, sharing a statement on social media which told fans that “Not a day has gone by that I haven’t grieved, prayed, and mourned for Ms. Dobbins and her family”.
He also asked his followers to “lift the Dobbins family up in prayer by name, asking for God’s peace to surround them each day”.
At the end of 2025, he also shared how the accident has impacted him, and suggested that it felt like it was ruining his life.
“Just in a moment, your entire … like a tornado runs through your house, and there’s so much grief and there’s so much trauma from that intense, intense trauma,” he said on The Upload with Brooke Taylor podcast.
“There’s a darkness in that, you just can’t…there’s no words. It felt like a tornado just blowing through my house. You don’t have a concept of reality and what is going on, and all you have is the people you love, and the people that are around you.”
The post Charges dropped against country star Conner Smith after fatal crash that killed 77-year-old woman appeared first on NME.




